ST98L Gas Mass Flow Meter for Line Sizes to 2" [51 mm]
Gas Mass Flow Meter Summary
The ST98L in-line style mass flow meter is the flow measurement solution for virtually any gas or gas mixture in line sizes 1 to 2 inches [25mm to 50mm].1 With ST98L, FCI combines superior, equal mass thermal-dispersion flow sensing elements and precision electronics with exacting actual fluid calibration and a choice of rugged, industrial enclosures to deliver accurate, highly repeatable flow measurement and long lasting service for the most demanding processes.
Note 1: For line sizes larger than 2 inches[50mm], see Model ST98 insertion style
Direct Mass Flow Measuring
No Moving Parts
Flow, Total Flow, and Temperature
No Scheduled Maintenance
Gas Temperatures to 350ºF [177ºC]
All Welded Wetted Parts
Integral and Remote Electronics Versions
Rugged, All Metal Enclosures
Extensive Global Agency Approvals
HART and Profibus Comm’ Options
- Flow Range: 0.75 to 600 sfps [0.21 to 172 nmps]
(Air at standard conditions of 70º F and 14.7 psia [0ºC and 1013,25 mBar(a)].)
- Accuracy : (at calibrated conditions)
Flow: ± 1% reading + 0.5% full scale.
Temperature: ± 1º F [± 0.6º C]
- Temperature Coefficient:
With optional temperature compensation. Valid from 10% to 100% of full-scale calibration
Flow: Maximum ± 0.015% of reading/ºF up to 850ºF [±0.03% of reading/ºC up to 454 ºC]
Flow: ± 0.5% reading
Temperature: ± 1º F [± 0.6º C]
- Turndown Ratio: Factory set and field adjustable from 10:1 to 100:1 within the calibrated flow range.
- Temperature Compensation:
Standard: ± 30º F [± -1º C]
Optional: ± 100º F [± 38º C]
- Agency Approvals: FM, ATEX, IEC, CSA, CRN, GOST/RTN, NEPSI, CPA, PED, CE Mark (system approvals)
- Calibration: N.I.S.T. Certified and Traceable Test Lab Calibration
- MTBF (calculated): 110 Years
- Materials of Construction: All welded 316L stainless steel or Hastelloy C for all wetted surfaces.
- Process Connection:
Female NPT on 1 inch tubing; Male NPT on 1, 1.5 or 2 inch schedule 40 pipe.
Optional: ANSI or DIN flanges
- Inline Flow Tube Diameter / Length (from inlet to outlet):
1 inch tubing / 9 inches [229 mm]
1 inch schedule 40 pipe / 9 inches [229 mm]
1.5 inch schedule 40 pipe / 13.5 inches [343 mm]
2 inch schedule 40 pipe / 18 inches [457 mm]
Customer specified fixed lengths are available. Consult FCI.
- Operating Temperature (Process):
Standard: -40º to +350º F [-40º to +177º C]
- Operating Pressure: To 250 psig [17 bar(g)]
Low flow injection tubes
Built-in VortabŪ flow conditioners
- Operating Temperature: 0º to 140º F [-18º to +60º C]
- Input Power (Field Selectable): 85 to 265 Vac, 22 to 30 Vdc; 7 watts max; 230mA max.
Analog output: 4 to 20 mA, 1-5Vdc, 0-5Vdc, or 0-10Vdc. user selectable.
(mA: 700 ohm max. load; output per NAMUR guideline NE 431, field selectable for high ±21.6mA or low ±3.75mA.)
(Isolated from input power in AC powered mode only.)
(Vdc 100K min. load.)
RS-232C Serial I/O standard.
Options: HART, full two-way; Profibus, DP, profile 3, certification #Z01212
- Digital Display: Optional LCD, 2 lines by 16 characters per line. Indicates flow rate and process temperature or totalized flow (field selectable) with engineering units displayed.
- Remote Configuration: Transmitter may be mounted up to 1000 ft. [350 m] from flow element.
- Enclosure Options:
- NEMA 4/IP66 rated carbon steel box, approved for installation in Nonincendive Class I, Div.2, Groups A,B,C,D and suitable for Class II, Div.2 Groups F, G; Class III, Div. 2.
- NEMA 4X/IP66 rated aluminum box, approved for installation in Nonincendive Class I, Div.2, Groups A,B,C,D and suitable for Class II, Div.2 Groups F, G; Class III, Div. 2.
- Hazardous location, Ex-type aluminum, approved for installation in Class I, Div.1, Groups B,C,D,E,F,G; ATEX II2, GD, Exd IIC, T4.
Other Options and Accessories
- Model FC88: Field Programmer/Communicator. Hand-held plug-in interface used to perform instrument set-up, programming, and for trouble-shooting.
- VORTAB® Flow Conditioners: For use in piping installations with inadequate straight run, inline or out-of-plane elbows, control valves or any other obstructing configurations to improve flow meter performance.