to 600 SFPS [0,21 NMPS
to 172 NMPS]
(Air at standard conditions of 70ºF and 14.7 psia [0ºC and 1013,25 mBar(a)].)
(at calibrated conditions)
With optional temperature compensation; valid from 10% to 100% of full-scale calibration
- Flow: ± 1% reading + 0.5% full scale
- Temperature: ± 2º F [± 1º C]
- Temperature Coefficient:
Flow: Maximum ± 0.015% of reading/ºF up to 850ºF [±0.03% of reading/ºC up to 454 ºC]
- Flow: ± 0.5% reading
- Temperature: ± 1ºF [± 0.6ºC]
Factory set and field adjustable from 10:1 to 100:1 within the calibrated flow range
- Standard: ± 30º F [± -1º C]
- Optional: ± 100º F [± 38º C]
FM, ATEX, IEC, CSA, CRN, GOST/RTN, NEPSI, CPA, PED, CE Marking (system approvals)
Complies with Canadian Electrical code requirements of ANSI / ISA 12.27.01-2011 as a single seal device.
NIST certified and traceable test lab calibration
Materials of Construction:
All welded 316L stainless steel or Hastelloy-C for all wetted surfaces.
- Standard: 0.75" or 1" MNPT stainless steel compression fitting with adjustable Teflon ferrule rated up to 150 psig [10 bar (g)] and 200ºF [93ºC], or metal ferrule rated up to 250 psig [17 bar (g)] and 350ºF [177ºC]
Optional: Thread-on ANSI or DIN flanges, or retractable sensing element
Insertion Lengths (Field Adjustable):2
Operating Temperature (Process):
- 1" to 6" [25 mm to 152 mm]
- 1" to 12" [25 mm to 305 mm]
- 1" to 21" [25 mm to 533 mm]
- Customer specified fixed lengths are available; consult FCI
- Standard: -40ºF to 350ºF [-40ºC to 177ºC]
- Optional high temp: -100ºF to 500ºF [-73ºC to 260ºC];
- Optional ultra-high temp: -100ºF to 850ºF [-73ºC to 454º C]
To 250 psig [17 bar(g)]; de-rated with Teflon ferrule
Note 2: After installation, stainless steel ferrule will be permanently fixed at the installed length.
0ºF to 140º F [-18ºC to 60ºC]
Input Power (Field Selectable):
85 Vac to 265 Vac, 22 Vdc to 30 Vdc; 7 watts max; 230 mA max.
- Analog output: 4-20 mA, 1-5 Vdc, 0-5 Vdc, or 0-10 Vdc; user selectable
(mA: 700 ohm max. load; output per NAMUR guideline NE 431, field selectable for high =21.6mA or low =3.75mA. Isolated from input power in AC powered mode only.) (Vdc 100K min. load.)
RS-232C Serial I/O standard.
Optional LCD, 2 lines by 16 characters per line. Indicates flow rate and process temperature or totalized flow (field selectable) with engineering units displayed.
Transmitter may be mounted up to 1000' [350 m] from flow element
- NEMA 4/IP66 rated carbon steel box, approved for installation in Nonincendive Class I, Div.2, Groups A,B,C,D and suitable for Class II, Div.2 Groups F, G; Class III, Div. 2.
- NEMA 4X/IP66 rated aluminum box, approved for installation in Nonincendive Class I, Div.2, Groups A,B,C,D and suitable for Class II, Div.2 Groups F, G; Class III, Div. 2.
- Hazardous location, Ex-type aluminum, approved for installation in Class I, Div.1, Groups B,C,D,E,F,G; ATEX II2, GD, Exd IIC, T4.
Field Programmer/Communicator. Hand-held plug-in interface used to perform instrument set-up, programming, and for trouble-shooting.
VORTAB® Flow Conditioners:
For use in piping installations with inadequate straight run, inline or out-of-plane elbows, control valves or any other obstructing configurations to improve flow meter performance.