Nitrogen blanketing is a practice commonly used in the chemical and petroleum refining industries to reduce the hazards associated with flammable liquids. Blanketing, or padding, is a process of injecting nitrogen gas into the vapor space of a tank or vessel, thereby minimizing the risk of an explosion or fire by displacing the oxygen and explosive gases in the tank with the inert nitrogen.
Challenge: Tank blanketing with nitrogen is a common safety technique used throughout the world. However, without accurate measurement and control of the nitrogen, too much gas results in wasted money and possible tank or component damage and too little gas is ineffective. Further, due to fill level, temperature and pressure variations in tanks, mass flow measurement is a the preferred measurement to ensure accurate and repeatable nitrogen delivery.
Solution: Install FCI's ST100A Series flow meters. These rugged instruments use our patented thermal dispersion technology to provide the consistent, accurate information needed to optimize the safety and efficiency of your system.
FCI's ST Series Flow Meters provide top performance under extremely challenging conditions:
- Wide Turndown For Wide Flow Range
- Superior Low Flow Sensitivity
- Direct Mass Flow Measuring
- Global Agency Approvals For Div. 1/Zone 1 Installation Locations
- Solutions For Any Pipe Diameters From ¼" To +99 Inches [DN6 to DN2500]
- Built-In Vortab Flow Conditioners Solve Lack Of Straight-Run Concerns
- No Moving Parts Eliminates Routine Maintenance
- 4-20mA, Hart, Foundation Fieldbus, Profibus, Modbus, Output Options
- SIL Compliance